Skip to main content

Buhari's daughter wedding on hold Indefinitely

According to a source, The wedding ceremony of Zahra, daughter of Nigeria’s president Buhari to son of billionaire businessman, Mohammed Indimi, scheduled for December 4, 2016, has been put on hold indefinitely, Daily Correspondents can authoritatively reveal.


The postponement was on the insistence of President Muhammadu Buhari, who, according to a source close to the two families, was uncomfortable with the attention his daughter’s wedding has received in the media, particularly with news of customised wedding boxes as gifts to Zahra costing a whopping N44m.

An introduction ceremony between both families had earlier held at the Aso Villa, Abuja on Friday, November 18, but the wedding programme itself scheduled between Wednesday 30th November and Sunday 4th December, 2016, is supposed to be on a low-key celebration as the President desires it to be a simple and an intimate ceremony to be attended by only close family and friends.

“But the whole media attention has changed everything now and the President is not happy,” our source said.
Aside that, it was also gathered that the President who has ordered that a security check be conducted on Ahmed and his source of stupendous wealth, is also not comfortable with the groom’s father, Alhaji Mohammed Indimi’s perceived closeness to ex-President Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida, IBB.

Former President Ibrahim Babangida is believed to be a long time godfather of billionaire Mohammed Indimi, more so the former President was against the emergence of Buhari in 2015.
Our source further said President Buhari who had such information at his disposal before consenting to the marriage may have been prevailed upon by his closest political allies to have a rethink on giving out his daughter to the Indimis.

Zahra, the 21-year-old daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari has been in the news recently following circulation on the social media of images of her expensive wedding gifts.
She is reported to have received about 30 customized LV (Louis Vuitton) boxes from the family of her husband-to-be, Ahmed Indimi.

The LV boxes have Zahra’s name customized as ZBI (Zara Buhari Indimi).
The LV bags which total about 30 and allegedly cost about £120, 000 (approximately N47,144,502, using the official rate of N392.87 to a pound) are said to have been delivered to Zahra in 30 exotic cars, according to reports.
In Northern Nigeria tradition, the groom’s family is expected to buy the boxes known as “kayan lefe” for the bride.

The boxes are usually loaded with diamond and gold jewelry, designer shoes, bags, super wax, laces, perfumes, designer underwear, cosmetics, jeans, tops and more.
The man can do from 1 to 50 boxes as a show of how rich and capable he is.
It is however “very unlikely that President Buhari may give his go ahead for the wedding in the near future,” our source concluded.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arsenal’s Wenger concerned by Chinese spending power

Arsene Wenger fears the huge wages being offered by big-spending Chinese clubs could cause problems when the Premier League teams look to negotiate new contracts with their star players.  Wenger is currently locked in talks with Arsenal duo Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez as the pair reportedly seek parity with the best-paid players in the Premier League. The Arsenal manager is hoping for successful resolutions to those contract stand-offs, but he believes the money on offer in the China Super League may persuade the Premier League’s star names to ask for even bigger pay packets to stay in England. Chelsea striker Diego Costa has been linked with a move to China, with an offer of £600,000-per-week ($739,000) reportedly on the table for the Spain international. Two of his former Chelsea team-mates, Oscar and John Obi Mikel, have already moved to Super League outfits, while former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez became the highest-earning player in the world when h...

Return Nigeria’s Stolen Assets, SERAP Urges Trump

Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has urged the President of the United States of America (USA), Donald Trump, to attach and release to Nigeria, some $500 million worth of US-based proceeds of corruption traced to former Nigerian dictator, late General Sani Abacha. SERAP, which made this request in an open letter it send to the US President, also urged President Trump to initiate discussions with the Nigerian government to fulfill these objectives within an agreed framework and timeline. The organisation in the letter dated 3 February 2017 and signed by the organization’s US Volunteer Counsel Professor Alexander W. Sierck and executive director Adetokunbo Mumuni, also wants the Trump’s Administration to instruct the Justice Department to initiate civil asset forfeiture proceedings in regard to the $500 million in assets. SERAP further stated, “these proceeds are separate from the $480 million of Abacha-origin funds that have been forfeited to the US...

Record signing, Oscar lands in Shanghai to join SIPG

 Brazilian midfielder Oscar landed in Shanghai on Monday where the 25-year-old was set to smash the Asian transfer record with a reported 60 million euros ($63 million) deal with Shanghai SIPG. Dozens of supporters chanting club songs swarmed the former Chelsea player at the city’s Pudong airport. Oscar’s arrival in the Chinese Super League comes ahead of that of Argentina’s former Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez, who signed for Shanghai Shenhua in another big-money deal last week.  Tevez’s transfer fee was 10.5 million euros, according to the website transfermarkt.com, which tracks dealings in the sport, though the reported two-year contract of 38 million euros per season ($40 million) makes him the world’s highest salaried footballer. SIPG’s general manager on Monday dismissed concerns raised by state media of a market bubble in the super-rich Chinese league, arguing prices have to be higher to attract players away from big European leagues. “The leagu...